terça-feira, 30 de abril de 2013

Tyler Durden Quotes #3


Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned.

When the fight was over, nothing was solved, but nothing mattered. We all felt saved.

With insomnia, nothing's real. Everything's far away, everything's a copy.

Like so many others, I had become a slave to the Ikea nesting instinct.

I had it all. Even the glass dishes with tiny bubbles and imperfections, proof they were crafted by the honest, simple, hard-working indigenous peoples of... wherever.

How embarrassing... a house full of condiments and no food.

You wanna make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs.

When deep space exploration ramps up, it'll be the corporations that name everything, the IBM Stellar Sphere, the Microsoft Galaxy, Planet Starbucks.

You can swallow a pint of blood before you get sick.

Just tell him you fuckin' did it. Tell him you blew it all up. That's what he wants to hear.

I should have been looking for a new condo. I should have been haggling with my insurance company. I should have been upset about my nice, neat, flaming little shit. But I wasn't.

I wasn't really dying. I wasn't host to cancer or parasites. I was the warm little center that the life of this world crowded around.

If I didn't say anything, people always assumed the worst.

By the end of the first month, I didn't miss TV.

I know this, because Tyler knows this.

I'll bring us through this. As always. I'll carry you, kicking and screaming, and in the end you'll thank me.

Deja vu. All over again.

I flipped through catalogs and wondered: What kind of dining set defines me as a person?

Marla's philosophy of life is that she might die at any moment. The tragedy, she said, was that she didn't.

I know it seems like I have more than one side sometimes...

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário