domingo, 28 de abril de 2013

U2 sentences #2


Jesus, I'm waiting here boss, I know you're looking out for usbBut maybe your hands aren't free... Your father, He made the world in seven, He's in charge of heaven... Will you put in a word in for me? (Wake Up Dead Man)

Now kings will rule and the poor will toil, and tear their hands as they tear the soil... But a day will come in this dawning age, when an honest man sees an honest wage. (Van Diemen's Land)

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows... they learnt to swim! (Until The End Of The World)

Restart and reboot yourself. (Unknown Caller)

Shout for joy if you get the chance. (Unknown Caller)

I remember when we could sleep on stones... Now we lie together in whispers and moans. (UltraViolet (Light My Way) )

I feel like trash, you make me feel clean. I’m in the black, can’t see or be seen. (UltraViolet (Light My Way) )

Oh sugar, don’t you cry, oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes. You know I need you to be strong, and the day is as dark as the night is long... (UltraViolet (Light My Way) )

You say I've been lucky, well hell I've made my own: not part of the crowd, but not feeling alone. (Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad)

They say I'm a fool, they say I'm nothing... But if I'm a fool for you, oh, that's something. (Two Hearts Beat As One)

I look into his eyes, they're closed but I see something. A teacher told me why I laugh when old men cry. (Twilight)

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle. (Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World)

Nothin' much to say I guess, just the same as all the rest. I've been trying to throw my arms around the world... (Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World)

I was broken, bent out of shape. I was naked in the clothes you made. My lips were dry, throat like rust, you gave me shelter from the heat and the dust. (Trip Through Your Wires)

Outside, somebody's outside. Somebody's knocking at the door. There's a black car parked at the side of the road, don't go to the door, don't go to the door... (Tomorrow)

I stopped outside a church house where the citizens like to sit. They say they want the kingdom... But they don't want God in it. (The Wanderer)

I went out walking through streets paved with gold; I lifted some stones and saw the skin and bones of a city without a soul... (The Wanderer)

Stay in this time, stay tonight in a lie... (The Unforgettable Fire)

And I felt like a star, I felt the world could go far if they listened to what I said... (The Ocean)

I took your kiss on the spray of the new land star. You gotta live with your dreams, don't make them so hard. (The Hands That Built America)

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário